JMM non-committal on Soren contesting bypoll
Ranchi: JMM on Tuesday remained non-committal on
whether Chief Minister Shibu Soren would contest the mandatory
bypoll to enter the assembly but said his government was safe
and would continue as the party did not want another spell of
President`s rule or mid-term poll in the state.
"We have left the decision (on the bypoll) on Guruji
(Soren). It is his wish, whether to contest or not," JMM
leader and Jharkhand HRD Minister Hemlal Murmu told reporters
Soren, JMM MP from Dumka, had assumed power in December
with support from BJP following a fractured mandate and is
required to win a bypoll to enter the house by June end.
"The alliance government is safe and will continue. The
dialogue process among the alliance partners will also
continue on all matters," he said, adding, the decision on
JMM-led government continuing was taken unanimously by JMMLP.
Sidestepping a query on Soren`s son and JMMLP leader
Hemant`s April 29 letter to ally BJP saying his father would
quit from his post if the party desired to allow a leader of
its choice to head a future coalition, Murmu said everything
would be discussed "as and when required" during the process
Soren had shocked all when he sided with the UPA during
the vote on cut-motions on the Finance Bill in Parliament in
spite of his party`s alliance with BJP in Jharkhand.
Following this, BJP initially announced its withdrawal of
support to the JMM but put it on hold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25