JMM not optimistic on govt formation in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The JMM said it was not "optimistic" about a "positive outcome" from Delhi after the Congress on Tuesday said it was waiting for its high command`s direction on whether to support a new dispensation in Jharkhand to end the President`s rule.
"The Congress is not responsible for the imposition of President`s rule. It happened due to the internal conflicts within the BJP-led coalition," JPCC chief Sukhdeo Bhagat said at a press conference here.
"After the fall of the government, the JMM established contact with us (for formation of a new government). We have kept the matter before the party leadership, and will abide by whatever direction is given to us," Bhagat said.
On why leader of Opposition R P Singh and he had been to the JMM chief Shibu Soren`s residence on June 16 when the latter was holding party meetings, Bhagat said, "we went because communication channel should remain open between two like-minded parties."
Reacting to the Congress statement, JMM`s General Secretary Suprio Bhattacharya today said the party was `not optimistic` about the Congress` decision on government formation.
"We have already made our stand clear that governance through President`s rule is not proper, and a decision should be taken whichever way," Bhattacharya said, indicating either Congress should support the JMM to form a government or it should go ahead with dissolution of the house to seek fresh mandate.
He said the JMM was ready to face any situation,"If assembly elections are to be held first, it is okay. If Lok Sabha polls are to be held first, it is also okay. We will fight on our own strength."
After holding its Legislature Party and executive committee meetings on June 16, JMM Legislature Party leader and former deputy chief minister Hemant Soren had said the party still favoured a popular government and other political parties should make their stand clear whether they want a democratic government or not in Jharkhand.
President`s rule was imposed on January 18 following JMM`s withdrawal of support to the Arjun Munda government on January 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!