JMM takes offence to ommission of Sibu Soren`s name
Jamshedpur: NDA ally, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, on Wednesday took umbrage at the ommission of the name of party supremo Sibu soren in the Jharkhand government`s directory and calender for the current year.
"The ommission is apparently a deliberate attempt even though Soren is the chairman of the Steering Committee of the coalition government, comprising the BJP, JMM, AJSU Party and JD(U)," JMM leader Ramesh Hansda told newsmen here.
Pointing out that the JMM had 18 MLAs, the same as the BJP in the coalition government, he said it was to be regretted that the state government did not consider it proper to find some space for Soren.
Earlier, he with a party delegation submitted a memorandum on the ommission to the East Singhbhum Deputy Commissioner, Himani Pandey, addressed to Chief Minister Arjun Munda.
Incidentally, Soren was here and shared a dais with Munda in the adjoining Saraikela-Kharswan district soon after the chief minister filed his nomination for the Kharswan assembly by-election slated for February 10.
Munda is currently an MP and has to enter the Assembly through a by-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH