JMM to contest Assam panchayat polls
Jamshedpur (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) would contest coming panchayat polls in Assam.
"JMM will field candidates in four tribal-dominated districts of Assam including Dibrugarh and Kokrajhar," Bidyut Baran Mahto, MLA from Baharagora in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand, said today.
The party will put up 4000 candidates for all posts including ward concillor, ward member, he said.
Mahto, alongwith senior party leaders including Jharkhand Revenue and Land reform Minister Mathura Prasad Mahto, Jharkhand Tribal Welfare Minister Champai Soren, JMM MLA Ramdas Soren, had addressed a public meeting in Dibrugarh yesterday, told a news agency over phone.
We will highlight demand for inclusion of large Jharkhand-based tribals working in tea gardens of Assam in the Schedule Tribe category, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray