JMM to contest Assam panchayat polls
Jamshedpur (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) would contest coming panchayat polls in Assam.
"JMM will field candidates in four tribal-dominated districts of Assam including Dibrugarh and Kokrajhar," Bidyut Baran Mahto, MLA from Baharagora in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand, said today.
The party will put up 4000 candidates for all posts including ward concillor, ward member, he said.
Mahto, alongwith senior party leaders including Jharkhand Revenue and Land reform Minister Mathura Prasad Mahto, Jharkhand Tribal Welfare Minister Champai Soren, JMM MLA Ramdas Soren, had addressed a public meeting in Dibrugarh yesterday, told a news agency over phone.
We will highlight demand for inclusion of large Jharkhand-based tribals working in tea gardens of Assam in the Schedule Tribe category, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming