JMM to contest Jamshedpur LS seat
Pakur: The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Friday announced it will fight Jamshedpur Lok
Sabha by-poll, for which the Election Commission has not yet set a date.
"Our party president Shibu Soren has decided that JMM will field a candidate from Jamshedpur and the party
supremo`s decision cannot be revoked," Deputy Chief Minister and JMM leader Hemant Soren told newsmen here.
Expressing confidence that the party`s decision would have no bearing on the ruling BJP/JMM/AJSU coalition, the
junior Soren said "JMM will contest in the interest of the state."
Soren was here in connection with a party function.
The Jamshedpur LS seat fell vacant after Chief Minister Arjun Munda, who had won the seat as BJP candidate,
resigned soon after getting elected as MLA from Kharswan Assembly constitutency in March by-poll.
During his recent visit to Ranchi, BJP president Nitin Gadkari had said the BJP would contest the seat.
The AJSU party, another coalition member, has already asked the two senior partners to leave the seat for it as it
had supported them in the formation of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling