JMM to contest Jamshedpur LS seat
Pakur: The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Friday announced it will fight Jamshedpur Lok
Sabha by-poll, for which the Election Commission has not yet set a date.
"Our party president Shibu Soren has decided that JMM will field a candidate from Jamshedpur and the party
supremo`s decision cannot be revoked," Deputy Chief Minister and JMM leader Hemant Soren told newsmen here.
Expressing confidence that the party`s decision would have no bearing on the ruling BJP/JMM/AJSU coalition, the
junior Soren said "JMM will contest in the interest of the state."
Soren was here in connection with a party function.
The Jamshedpur LS seat fell vacant after Chief Minister Arjun Munda, who had won the seat as BJP candidate,
resigned soon after getting elected as MLA from Kharswan Assembly constitutency in March by-poll.
During his recent visit to Ranchi, BJP president Nitin Gadkari had said the BJP would contest the seat.
The AJSU party, another coalition member, has already asked the two senior partners to leave the seat for it as it
had supported them in the formation of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda