JMM to contest next Lok Sabha polls alone
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Monday announced it would contest all the 14 Lok Sabha seats in the state in the next general elections.
This was decided at a party meeting presided by its chief and former Chief Minister Shibu Soren, JMM General Secretaries Suprio Bhattacharya and Vinod Pandey said here.
A five-member committee has been formed to select the candidates for the seats.
Champai Soren, Hazi Hussain Ansari, S S Bhokta, Hemlal Murmu and Mathura Prasad Mahato (all MLAs) comprise the committee, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon