JMM to contest next Lok Sabha polls alone
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Monday announced it would contest all the 14 Lok Sabha seats in the state in the next general elections.
This was decided at a party meeting presided by its chief and former Chief Minister Shibu Soren, JMM General Secretaries Suprio Bhattacharya and Vinod Pandey said here.
A five-member committee has been formed to select the candidates for the seats.
Champai Soren, Hazi Hussain Ansari, S S Bhokta, Hemlal Murmu and Mathura Prasad Mahato (all MLAs) comprise the committee, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy