JMM to discuss `power sharing deal` on Monday
Ranchi: JMM, a major ally of BJP-led government in Jharkhand, will discuss tomorrow the issue of BJP`s rejection of a purported power sharing deal with it.
"Guruji (JMM President Shibu Soren) chaired the party`s Core Committee meeting and later listened to (the views of) all MLAs," JMM`s General Secretary Supriyo Bhattacharya told reporters here on Sunday.
"The resolutions adopted by JMM Legislature Party will be placed before the party`s Executive Committee meeting tomorrow for its approval. Thereafter, we are going to announce a big decision," he said.
He said all the party legislators and leaders would abide by Soren`s final decision on the prevailing situation. JMM throughout the day dwelled on Munda`s reply on its charter of demands.
Munda had on January 3 replied to JMM`s list point wise and had rejected JMM`s claims of having any such deal.
He had to reply after JMM leader and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren on December 25 gave the demand list that included clearing his stand on the purported rotational power sharing for 28 months each.
The other demands of the JMM are; the chief minister`s stand on Santhal Pargana Tenancy Act, domicile policy, status of nine regional/tribal languages, aid to participants of Jharkhand movement, rehabilitation and resettlement policy and financial aid to Madarasas.
The BJP has also convened its Core Committee meeting
and Legislature Party meeting at 7 pm tomorrow to discuss the prevailing political situation in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray