JMM to discuss `power sharing deal` on Monday
Ranchi: JMM, a major ally of BJP-led government in Jharkhand, will discuss tomorrow the issue of BJP`s rejection of a purported power sharing deal with it.
"Guruji (JMM President Shibu Soren) chaired the party`s Core Committee meeting and later listened to (the views of) all MLAs," JMM`s General Secretary Supriyo Bhattacharya told reporters here on Sunday.
"The resolutions adopted by JMM Legislature Party will be placed before the party`s Executive Committee meeting tomorrow for its approval. Thereafter, we are going to announce a big decision," he said.
He said all the party legislators and leaders would abide by Soren`s final decision on the prevailing situation. JMM throughout the day dwelled on Munda`s reply on its charter of demands.
Munda had on January 3 replied to JMM`s list point wise and had rejected JMM`s claims of having any such deal.
He had to reply after JMM leader and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren on December 25 gave the demand list that included clearing his stand on the purported rotational power sharing for 28 months each.
The other demands of the JMM are; the chief minister`s stand on Santhal Pargana Tenancy Act, domicile policy, status of nine regional/tribal languages, aid to participants of Jharkhand movement, rehabilitation and resettlement policy and financial aid to Madarasas.
The BJP has also convened its Core Committee meeting
and Legislature Party meeting at 7 pm tomorrow to discuss the prevailing political situation in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here