JMM urges BJP to vote for its candidate in RS polls
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), a major constituent of the ruling BJP-led coalition in Jharkhand, on Wednesday urged the saffron party to reconsider its
decision to ask its MLAs to abstain from voting in the Rajya
Sabha elections on March 30.
"The decision of the BJP`s central leadership is
unfortunate. We request them to reconsider their decision,"
JMM spokesman Suprio Bhattacharya said.
The JMM`s reaction came hours after the BJP decided that
its MLAs in Jharkhand would abstain from voting on the March
Both the partners have 18 MLAs each, and to win at least
one of the two seats, a candidate requires 27 votes in the
81-member house, excluding one vacant seat.
JMM would also have to work hard to keep all its MLAs
intact as nine of its legislators had turned proposers for
another candidate, who has not announced his withdrawal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev