JMM urges BJP to vote for its candidate in RS polls
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), a major constituent of the ruling BJP-led coalition in Jharkhand, on Wednesday urged the saffron party to reconsider its
decision to ask its MLAs to abstain from voting in the Rajya
Sabha elections on March 30.
"The decision of the BJP`s central leadership is
unfortunate. We request them to reconsider their decision,"
JMM spokesman Suprio Bhattacharya said.
The JMM`s reaction came hours after the BJP decided that
its MLAs in Jharkhand would abstain from voting on the March
Both the partners have 18 MLAs each, and to win at least
one of the two seats, a candidate requires 27 votes in the
81-member house, excluding one vacant seat.
JMM would also have to work hard to keep all its MLAs
intact as nine of its legislators had turned proposers for
another candidate, who has not announced his withdrawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof