JP movement veteran asks Anna to form party
Ranchi: The 74` Chetana Manch, a forum floated by participants of Jayaprakash Narayan movement, on Thursday said if Anna Hazare was serious enough to curb corruption, he should float a political party instead of supporting a political alternative.
"Why Anna Hazare is shying away from forming a political party and heading it himself? If he wants to end corruption by introducing Lokpal he should float a political party, and realise his goal," Manch Convenor Pramod Mishra, who was in jail for about six months during the JP movement in 1974-75, said here.
Reacting to Hazare`s statement that he would not join a party or contest polls, but support a political alternative, Mishra remembered how Jayaprakash Narayan had called for a `moral revolution` to infuse moral and values in political parties.
"And Anna Hazare should realise JP`s dream by floating a political party, and inculcate morals and values to eradicate corruption," Mishra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III