JP movement veteran asks Anna to form party
Ranchi: The 74` Chetana Manch, a forum floated by participants of Jayaprakash Narayan movement, on Thursday said if Anna Hazare was serious enough to curb corruption, he should float a political party instead of supporting a political alternative.
"Why Anna Hazare is shying away from forming a political party and heading it himself? If he wants to end corruption by introducing Lokpal he should float a political party, and realise his goal," Manch Convenor Pramod Mishra, who was in jail for about six months during the JP movement in 1974-75, said here.
Reacting to Hazare`s statement that he would not join a party or contest polls, but support a political alternative, Mishra remembered how Jayaprakash Narayan had called for a `moral revolution` to infuse moral and values in political parties.
"And Anna Hazare should realise JP`s dream by floating a political party, and inculcate morals and values to eradicate corruption," Mishra added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home