JPCC wants early implementation of NFSA in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) on Thursday expressed confidence that the initiative being undertaken in regard with implementation of the National Food Security Act will get a boost following the formation of a Co-ordination committee of the JMM-headed coalition government in Jharkhand.
The state government’s co-ordination committee is likely to be in place by this month end and the initiative to implement the Food Security Act in the state will pick up pace following the formation of the committee, said Manoj Kumar Yadav, JPCC spokesman here.
Releasing a 12-page booklets highlighting the Congress-led UPA Government’s welfare schemes with focus being the recently passed National Land Acquisition Act and the Food Security Act, Yadav said the priority would be to strengthen the existing Public Distribution System (PDS), through which the benefits of the food security act would be reached out to 70 per cent populace.
Hailing the act, Yadav said Congress, which a major ally in the Hemant Soren-led coalition government, will certainly mount pressure on the state government to ensure speedy implementation of the act in Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees