JPCC welcomes CBI probe into MGNREGA-related deaths
Ranchi: Jharkhand PCC on Sunday welcomed the
Union Rural Development Ministry`s recommendation for CBI
probe into two cases of murder, apparently related to
corruption and wage demands in MGNREGA scheme.
"There are numerous instances of corruption cases in
MGNREGA schemes and the CBI probe will unearth them," PCC
General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said here.
"The recommendation has come as a deterrent to the
authorities, who are responsible to implement schemes under
MGNREGA," he added.
The first case pertained to the killing of Niyamat
Ansari, a key aide of noted civil rights activist and a former
member of Central Employment Guarantee Council (CEGC) Jean
Dreze had complained to the union ministry that Ansari
was murdered in Latehar district after he exposed siphoning of
MGNREGA funds in Rankikala gram panchayat.
The second case was murder of one Subal Mahato, who
was allegedly lynched by his employer for demanding revised
wages in accordance with MGNREGA in Bokaro district.
Both the incidents took place in February/March this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says