JPCC welcomes CBI probe into MGNREGA-related deaths
Ranchi: Jharkhand PCC on Sunday welcomed the
Union Rural Development Ministry`s recommendation for CBI
probe into two cases of murder, apparently related to
corruption and wage demands in MGNREGA scheme.
"There are numerous instances of corruption cases in
MGNREGA schemes and the CBI probe will unearth them," PCC
General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said here.
"The recommendation has come as a deterrent to the
authorities, who are responsible to implement schemes under
MGNREGA," he added.
The first case pertained to the killing of Niyamat
Ansari, a key aide of noted civil rights activist and a former
member of Central Employment Guarantee Council (CEGC) Jean
Dreze had complained to the union ministry that Ansari
was murdered in Latehar district after he exposed siphoning of
MGNREGA funds in Rankikala gram panchayat.
The second case was murder of one Subal Mahato, who
was allegedly lynched by his employer for demanding revised
wages in accordance with MGNREGA in Bokaro district.
Both the incidents took place in February/March this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi