JPCC welcomes CBI probe into MGNREGA-related deaths
Ranchi: Jharkhand PCC on Sunday welcomed the
Union Rural Development Ministry`s recommendation for CBI
probe into two cases of murder, apparently related to
corruption and wage demands in MGNREGA scheme.
"There are numerous instances of corruption cases in
MGNREGA schemes and the CBI probe will unearth them," PCC
General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said here.
"The recommendation has come as a deterrent to the
authorities, who are responsible to implement schemes under
MGNREGA," he added.
The first case pertained to the killing of Niyamat
Ansari, a key aide of noted civil rights activist and a former
member of Central Employment Guarantee Council (CEGC) Jean
Dreze had complained to the union ministry that Ansari
was murdered in Latehar district after he exposed siphoning of
MGNREGA funds in Rankikala gram panchayat.
The second case was murder of one Subal Mahato, who
was allegedly lynched by his employer for demanding revised
wages in accordance with MGNREGA in Bokaro district.
Both the incidents took place in February/March this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!