JPCC welcomes CBI probe into MGNREGA-related deaths
Ranchi: Jharkhand PCC on Sunday welcomed the
Union Rural Development Ministry`s recommendation for CBI
probe into two cases of murder, apparently related to
corruption and wage demands in MGNREGA scheme.
"There are numerous instances of corruption cases in
MGNREGA schemes and the CBI probe will unearth them," PCC
General Secretary-cum-spokesman Sailesh Sinha said here.
"The recommendation has come as a deterrent to the
authorities, who are responsible to implement schemes under
MGNREGA," he added.
The first case pertained to the killing of Niyamat
Ansari, a key aide of noted civil rights activist and a former
member of Central Employment Guarantee Council (CEGC) Jean
Dreze had complained to the union ministry that Ansari
was murdered in Latehar district after he exposed siphoning of
MGNREGA funds in Rankikala gram panchayat.
The second case was murder of one Subal Mahato, who
was allegedly lynched by his employer for demanding revised
wages in accordance with MGNREGA in Bokaro district.
Both the incidents took place in February/March this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in