JPP demands dissolution of Jharkhand assembly
Jamshedpur: The Jharkhand People`s Party on Sunday demanded dissolution of the state assembly immediately to pave way for election.
Fresh election was the only option to elect a popular government to carry out all round development in the state, JPP President Surya Singh Besra and General Secretary Dil Bahadur told a press conference soon after its Central Committee meeting here.
Jharkhand is under President`s rule after the BJP-led coalition government was reduced to minority following withdrawal of support by ally JMM in January.
A resolution passed in the JPP Central Committee meeting said the party would contest all the 81 assembly seats in the next election on its own.
Accusing the BJP, JMM and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto-led AJSU Party for promoting corruption in the state, Besra appealed to the people to boycott these parties to ensure that a corruption-free government be installed.
JPP leaders demanded Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed recommend CBI probe into the corruptions that had taken place since the state was formed in 2000.
JPP also reiterated its demand for Greater Jharkhand comprising parts of West Bengal (Bankura, Midnapore, Purulia districts), Odisha (Mayurbhanj, Sundergarh, Keonjhar and Sambalpur districts) and Chhattisgarh (Sarguja and Raigarh districts), besides Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical