JPP demands dissolution of Jharkhand assembly
Jamshedpur: The Jharkhand People`s Party on Sunday demanded dissolution of the state assembly immediately to pave way for election.
Fresh election was the only option to elect a popular government to carry out all round development in the state, JPP President Surya Singh Besra and General Secretary Dil Bahadur told a press conference soon after its Central Committee meeting here.
Jharkhand is under President`s rule after the BJP-led coalition government was reduced to minority following withdrawal of support by ally JMM in January.
A resolution passed in the JPP Central Committee meeting said the party would contest all the 81 assembly seats in the next election on its own.
Accusing the BJP, JMM and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto-led AJSU Party for promoting corruption in the state, Besra appealed to the people to boycott these parties to ensure that a corruption-free government be installed.
JPP leaders demanded Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed recommend CBI probe into the corruptions that had taken place since the state was formed in 2000.
JPP also reiterated its demand for Greater Jharkhand comprising parts of West Bengal (Bankura, Midnapore, Purulia districts), Odisha (Mayurbhanj, Sundergarh, Keonjhar and Sambalpur districts) and Chhattisgarh (Sarguja and Raigarh districts), besides Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'