JPP to contest all LS, Assembly seats in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: The Jharkhand People`s Party (JPP) would contest all the parliamentary and assembly seats in state on its own strength in the coming polls.
A decision to this effect was taken at the party`s Central Committee meeting held here on Wednesday, said Surya Singh Besra, President of JPP.
At the meeting the party decided to field its candidate in all the 14 parliamentary seats and 81 Assembly constituency in Jharkhand in the 2014 elections.
Besides, the JPP also decided to contest six parliamentary seats in tribal-dominated districts-Purulia, Midnipore, Bankura- in West Bengal and eight Lok Sabha seats in Odisha including in Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Sundergarh districts, JPP leader said.
Taking a leaf out of Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi, Besra said JPP would conduct survey and identify Jharkhandi activists, who sacrificed their lives for separate Jharkhand state movement, with clean image.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America