JPSC Chairman removed on corruption charges
Ranchi: The chairman of Jharkhand Public
Service Commission (JPSC) has been removed on corruption
charges, official sources today said.
Dilip Prasad`s removal order came after Jharkhand
Governor M O H Farook approved the state government`s
recommendation in this regard today.
Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi had recommended
a probe against Prasad following reports of irregularities
The allegations of misuse of JPSC office by Prasad was
prima facie found to be true in an inquiry by the vigilance
department, sources said, adding the Governor has approved his
removal on the recommendation of the state government.
Senior most member of JPSC, A K Sengupta, has been given
the charge of the chairman of the Commission, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged