JPSC Chairman removed on corruption charges
Ranchi: The chairman of Jharkhand Public
Service Commission (JPSC) has been removed on corruption
charges, official sources today said.
Dilip Prasad`s removal order came after Jharkhand
Governor M O H Farook approved the state government`s
recommendation in this regard today.
Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi had recommended
a probe against Prasad following reports of irregularities
The allegations of misuse of JPSC office by Prasad was
prima facie found to be true in an inquiry by the vigilance
department, sources said, adding the Governor has approved his
removal on the recommendation of the state government.
Senior most member of JPSC, A K Sengupta, has been given
the charge of the chairman of the Commission, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video