JSEB Union did not serve notice before stir: Munda
Ranchi: As Jharkhand Assembly on Thursday expressed concern over the state plunging into darkness following the strike by the employees of Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB), Chief Minister Arjun Munda said the union did not serve notice before going on stir.
"They (union) did not serve notice. They should have talked (to the government) before going on the strike," Munda said when Speaker CP Singh and other members raised the issue of disruption of power across the state.
"There was no power even in Ranchi," the Speaker informed the House as other members joined saying the problem was the same across the state.
The union called a flash strike soon after the JSEB had signed Memoranda of Understanding with Tata Power and Calcutta Electric Supply Company for franchisee for power distribution in Jamshedpur and Ranchi respectively.
The flash strike resulted in the government evoking Essential Services Maintenance Act on Wednesday night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case