JVM announces candidates for 12 out of 14 Jharkhand LS seats
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) on Thursday announced the names of 12 candidates in the first list for the ensuing Lok Sabha elections.
Former IPS officer Amitabh Choudhary, who recently joined the party, will contest from the Ranchi seat.
Another former IPS officer and sitting MP Ajoy Kumar has been re-nominated for the Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat, JVM`s principal general secretary Pradip Yadav told reporters while announcing the names.
The other candidates are Neelam Devi (Chatra), Pranav Verma (Koderma), Virendra Bhagat (Lohardaga), Ghuran Ram (Palamau), A K Mishra (Hazaribagh), Saba Ahmed (Giridih), Krishna Gagarai (Singhbhum), Basant Longa (Khunti), Anil Murmu (Rajmahal) and Samresh Singh (Dhanbad).
"As Godda and Dumka are going for the polls on April 24, the party will announce candidates for these seats later," Yadav said.
Yadav represents the state Assembly from the Poreyahaat constituency, a segment of Godda Lok Sabha seat.
Party president and former chief minister Babulal Marandi, who represents Koderma in the Lok Sabha, had won the Dumka seat in the 1998 Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Meet Facebook's North Korean cousin!
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'