JVM-Cong to form govt after Munda`s by-poll defeat: Marandi
Jamshedpur: Predicting the defeat of Arjun
Munda in coming Kharswan assembly by-poll, Jharkhand Vikas
Morcha (Prajatantrik) (JVM) President Babulal Marandi on Tuesday
claimed the JVM-Congress alliance was certain to form a
government after that date.
"We will bid the Munda regime a grand farewell after
February 17, the counting day of by-poll, and stake claim to
form a government", Marandi told a press conference here after
campaigning for the Kharswan assembly by-election in
Saraikela-Kharswan district came to an end today.
Claiming a strong anti-Munda wave was sweeping across
the constituency, Marandi described the Kharswan poll as a
contest between `dhan bal of Munda` (Money power) versus `Jan
bal of Opposition` (People`s power).
We have apprised the Chief Election Commission after
truck-loads of rice, allegedly meant to distribute among
voters to influence them in favour of Munda, was seized in
Khuntpani block yesterday, Marandi alleged.
Marandi claimed that the industrialists were being
given a free hand to acquire land and were even grabbing farm
land in Kharswan, with people facing police wrath for
resisting the move.
Stating that 75 MoUs had been inked with prospective
investors, Marandi said people of the state including Kharswan
were very much scared of losing their land.
Demanding formation of an industrial policy, the
former Jharkhand Chief Minister said Jharkhand in general and
Kolhan region in particular have abundance of minerals but the
people were poor while the outsiders were taking away our
resources and prospering.
A two-day JVM Working Committee was slated from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'