JVM leader shot dead in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantrik’s) Seraikela-Kharswan district committee President (Minority cell), Amil Hussain, was shot dead by assailants at Baliguma under Seraikela Police station in the
adjoining district Monday.
Police Superintendent of Seraikela-Kharswan
Upendra Kumar said that Hussain, who had been to jail in
connection with a murder of a criminal at Banka, was recently
set free on bail.
The incident occurred when Hussain was having a
cup of tea near his house when motor-cycle borne assailants
shot at him and fled, he said.
The police cordoned off the area to apprehend the
Kumar said one person was arrested and seven live
cartridges were recovered from his possession.
Old enmity was suspected to be the cause behind
the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen