JVM leader shot dead in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantrik’s) Seraikela-Kharswan district committee President (Minority cell), Amil Hussain, was shot dead by assailants at Baliguma under Seraikela Police station in the
adjoining district Monday.
Police Superintendent of Seraikela-Kharswan
Upendra Kumar said that Hussain, who had been to jail in
connection with a murder of a criminal at Banka, was recently
set free on bail.
The incident occurred when Hussain was having a
cup of tea near his house when motor-cycle borne assailants
shot at him and fled, he said.
The police cordoned off the area to apprehend the
Kumar said one person was arrested and seven live
cartridges were recovered from his possession.
Old enmity was suspected to be the cause behind
the incident, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa