JVM MLA rues for being among dissidents
Ranchi: Regretting his move of pulling out of Jharkhand government in March 2003, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) MLA Samresh Singh claimed that had Babulal Marandi led government not fallen on that day the state might not have witnessed such instability.
"Had Marandi government not fallen on that day Jharkhand might not have witnessed so many governments. I admit my mistake, and human beings do err sometimes," Singh said.
Samresh, who was an MLA in the erstwhile Jharkhand Vananchal Congress, joined JVM and regained the seat in the 2009 assembly polls from Bokaro.
"The Congress has played an opportunistic game," Singh alleged and suggested increase of seats in the assembly would help in political "uncertainty" and "opportunism".
Singh was among six ministers in the erstwhile Marandi ministry who crossed the floor in the house in March, 2003, triggering the collapse of the first government.
Another erstwhile dissident Lalchand Mahato, however, avoided the first major political crisis and blamed political leaders of the undivided Bihar for Jharkhand`s predicament.
Asked why did he and his former colleagues trigger the fall of the first BJP-led government, Mahato blamed it on Marandi`s policies, like the Panchayat Bill which was allegedly against the social structure of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands