JVM-P not to concede Jamshedpur LS seat to Congress
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric-JVM-P) will contest bypoll to Jamshedpur Lok
Sabha seat, its chief said on Sunday ruling out any electoral
understanding with the Congress.
"There was no pre-condition (with Congress) when JVM-P
contested the February 11 Kharsawan assembly bypoll. Congress
supported on its own," Marandi said when his attention was
drawn to Congress` demand to leave the seat for it as the ally
had left Kharsawan seat to JVM-P.
The former chief minister said "we will announce our
candidate for the Jamshedpur Lok sabha seat soon."
The Jamshedpur lok sabha seat fell vacant after Chief
Minister Arjun Munda, who had won it on BJP ticket, quit after
winning the Kharsawan seat, defeating his nearest rival the
The Election Commission has not yet announced a date
for bypoll to the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi