JVM-P not to concede Jamshedpur LS seat to Congress
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric-JVM-P) will contest bypoll to Jamshedpur Lok
Sabha seat, its chief said on Sunday ruling out any electoral
understanding with the Congress.
"There was no pre-condition (with Congress) when JVM-P
contested the February 11 Kharsawan assembly bypoll. Congress
supported on its own," Marandi said when his attention was
drawn to Congress` demand to leave the seat for it as the ally
had left Kharsawan seat to JVM-P.
The former chief minister said "we will announce our
candidate for the Jamshedpur Lok sabha seat soon."
The Jamshedpur lok sabha seat fell vacant after Chief
Minister Arjun Munda, who had won it on BJP ticket, quit after
winning the Kharsawan seat, defeating his nearest rival the
The Election Commission has not yet announced a date
for bypoll to the seat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video