JVM-P not to concede Jamshedpur LS seat to Congress
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric-JVM-P) will contest bypoll to Jamshedpur Lok
Sabha seat, its chief said on Sunday ruling out any electoral
understanding with the Congress.
"There was no pre-condition (with Congress) when JVM-P
contested the February 11 Kharsawan assembly bypoll. Congress
supported on its own," Marandi said when his attention was
drawn to Congress` demand to leave the seat for it as the ally
had left Kharsawan seat to JVM-P.
The former chief minister said "we will announce our
candidate for the Jamshedpur Lok sabha seat soon."
The Jamshedpur lok sabha seat fell vacant after Chief
Minister Arjun Munda, who had won it on BJP ticket, quit after
winning the Kharsawan seat, defeating his nearest rival the
The Election Commission has not yet announced a date
for bypoll to the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...