JVM-P not to concede Jamshedpur LS seat to Congress
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha
(Prajatantric-JVM-P) will contest bypoll to Jamshedpur Lok
Sabha seat, its chief said on Sunday ruling out any electoral
understanding with the Congress.
"There was no pre-condition (with Congress) when JVM-P
contested the February 11 Kharsawan assembly bypoll. Congress
supported on its own," Marandi said when his attention was
drawn to Congress` demand to leave the seat for it as the ally
had left Kharsawan seat to JVM-P.
The former chief minister said "we will announce our
candidate for the Jamshedpur Lok sabha seat soon."
The Jamshedpur lok sabha seat fell vacant after Chief
Minister Arjun Munda, who had won it on BJP ticket, quit after
winning the Kharsawan seat, defeating his nearest rival the
The Election Commission has not yet announced a date
for bypoll to the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert