JVM(P) demands CBI inquiry into welfare schemes in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A day after its decision to withdraw support to the UPA government, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (P) Tuesday attacked the Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government demanding a CBI enquiry into the Centre-sponsored welfare scheme launched under the Swarnajayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana (SGSY).
Expressing apprehension about large-scale irregularities in funds meant for Self-Help Groups and Minor Irrigation under the Rural Development Ministry in the state, JVM MP Ajay Kumar demanded a CBI inquiry into the fund utilized.
Addressing a joint press conference with party Secretary Abhay Singh here, Kumar alleged that the Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister and President of AJSU Party, an ally in the Munda government, had recently held a meeting for SHGs in Narasinghpur in Dalbhumgarh under Ghatsila sub-division where the government programme was turned into a party programme.
As per the provisions, he said, the union government contributed 75 per cent compared to the 25 per cent share of the state government for development of SHGs and Minor Irrigation.
The fund was being utilized only in those areas, where Mahto was targeting to field its candidate in the next election, which was unjustifiable and in violation of the government provision, the JVM leader alleged.
He said he would soon write to the government and the CVC, public sector banks involved and the concerned department in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list