JVM(P) demands CBI inquiry into welfare schemes in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: A day after its decision to withdraw support to the UPA government, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (P) Tuesday attacked the Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government demanding a CBI enquiry into the Centre-sponsored welfare scheme launched under the Swarnajayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana (SGSY).
Expressing apprehension about large-scale irregularities in funds meant for Self-Help Groups and Minor Irrigation under the Rural Development Ministry in the state, JVM MP Ajay Kumar demanded a CBI inquiry into the fund utilized.
Addressing a joint press conference with party Secretary Abhay Singh here, Kumar alleged that the Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister and President of AJSU Party, an ally in the Munda government, had recently held a meeting for SHGs in Narasinghpur in Dalbhumgarh under Ghatsila sub-division where the government programme was turned into a party programme.
As per the provisions, he said, the union government contributed 75 per cent compared to the 25 per cent share of the state government for development of SHGs and Minor Irrigation.
The fund was being utilized only in those areas, where Mahto was targeting to field its candidate in the next election, which was unjustifiable and in violation of the government provision, the JVM leader alleged.
He said he would soon write to the government and the CVC, public sector banks involved and the concerned department in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report