JVM(P), NJA file papers for Kharswan Assembly by-poll
Kharswan (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Vikas
Morcha (Prajatantrik) and National Jharkhand Alliance
(NJA) candidates Saturday filed nomination papers for the
forthcoming Kharswan Assembly by-election slated for
JVM candidate Dasrath Gagrai filed his papers in the
presence of party chief Babulal Marandi, general secretary and
JVM leader in the state Assembly Pradip Yadav, Congress
spokesman Radhakrishna Kishore to the returning
office-cum-sub-divisional officer of Saraikela, CK Singh in
Saraikela under Saraikela-Kharswan district.
Besides Gagrai, NJA convenor and president of
Jharkhand People`s Party (JPP), Surya Singh Besra filed paper
as the NJA candidate.
NJA, consisting of five Jharkhand-based parties including
JPP, Jharkhand Party (JP), Jharkhand Party-Naren (JP-Naren),
Jharkhand Disom Party (JDP), Jharkhand Janaadhikar Party and
the Ajit Mahto faction of JMM, decided to field Besra as a
consensus candidate for the by-poll.
The forthcoming by-election has become significant in
view of Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda seeking election
to enter the state Assembly to continue in the post.
Earlier, sitting MLA Mangal Singh Soy had vacated the
seat to pave way for Munda, who will have to seek election to
the state Assembly within six months since he took over the
office of the Chief Minister in September last.
A big crowd turned up to receive Marandi, who had said
the by-election will decide the fate of Jharkhand and appealed
the Opposition to come on a single platform to ensure Munda`s
Besra said the opposition parties including JVM and
Congress would meet in next two days to discuss about fielding
a consensus candidate against Munda.
The opposition will have to field a heavyweight
candidate in Kharswan to ensure Munda`s defeat, Besra said,
adding that if the opposition parties were serious, they
should finalise the consensus candidate before January 24, the
last date for filing nomination, and chalk out strategy to
defeat Munda, who had represented Kharswan thrice since 1995
before he resigned after getting elected from Jamshedpur Lok
Sabha seat in the last general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi