Kamat lauds CRPF jawans fighting naxalites in Jharkhand
Chaibasa: Union Minister of
state for Home Affairs, Gurudas Kamat, today praised CRPf
jawans fighting the Maoists in Jharkhand and assured that
the Centre would look into their requirements.
"The nation salutes CRPF jawans who are fighting
naxalites in the forests. The government will address their
problems and requirements," Kamat said while meeting the CRPF
personnel at the Zilla School ground in Chaibasa to mark a
function of the 197th battalion of the CRPF.
The jawans had urged the junior home minister among
others to consider transfer after a three-year stint in
forests and DA/TA at par with fellow jawans posted in the
Kamat, who also met locals, asked the security forces
to root out the scourge of naxalism.
Condemning yesterday`s killing of two villagers by the
Maoists in Latehar, Kamat asked what the Maoists want to
prove by indulging in violence.
To a query whether the union government would sanction
setting up of more camps in the dense Saranda forest in West
Singhbhum, Kamat said the government would consider it after
recruitment of more personnel in the CRPF.
On another query as to when the night service of the
railways would start, Kamat said he would speak to the railway
ministry, adding if Jharkhand provided security trains,
services could restart in the areas bordering Jharkhand and
Train services were cancelled after the Gyaneswari
Express mishap last year. Jharkhand government has already
assured adequate security to for the resumption of the railway
Jharkhand police chief G S Rath, Inspector General of
Police (Operation), R K Malik, DIG (CRPF) Alok Raj were
present at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security