Keep religion and politics separate: Brinda
Ranchi: The CPI (M) on Sunday said nobody should
mix religion with politics or link any issue to religion as it
was against the nature of secularism.
"I understand that religion should not be mixed with
politics nor any political plank should be linked with
religion as it is against secularism," CPI(M) politburo member
Brinda Karat told a press conference here.
"I am not taking the name of any individual, but CPI(M)
is against religiously leaning politics and linking any
political issue with religion," she said replying to a query
whether yoga guru Ramdev Baba?s campaign against corruption
and bringing back black money without forming a political
party construed to mixing politics with religion.
She, however, refrained from suggesting Ramdev to form a
political party to raise such issues saying "why should I say
(when) each citizen has a right (to form a political party).
But what I say is religion and politics should be kept
To another query she said there was no "Ramdev nor any
swamy" when she spoke on the stage at the invitation of Anna
Hazare during the latter`s token protest in New Delhi over a
"I kept my party’s policies respectfully at the Anna
Hazare`s forum which is India against corruption," She said.
Slamming the Congress for trying to pass a "weak Lokpal
Bill", Brinda said the CPI (M) had suggested some amendments
to the bill as the one brought by government could not curb
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`