Kidnapped teacher freed in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A government school teacher, who was kidnapped by unknown men yesterday, was Tuesday set free by his abductors following intense raids by the police near a forest in Palamau district, the police said.
Gouri Shankar Ram (52) of Manatu Middle School, who was abducted while watching a cricket match on television on Sunday night, was found near a forest under Manatu police station, DSP Rajendra Rai told reporters here.
He said the police were questioning the teacher to know the identity of his kidnappers, who had posed as Maoists before abducting him.
His wife Kaushalia Devi had informed the police after she got a phone call from the abductors demanding Rs 20 lakh for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi