Kidnapped teacher freed in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): A government school teacher, who was kidnapped by unknown men yesterday, was Tuesday set free by his abductors following intense raids by the police near a forest in Palamau district, the police said.
Gouri Shankar Ram (52) of Manatu Middle School, who was abducted while watching a cricket match on television on Sunday night, was found near a forest under Manatu police station, DSP Rajendra Rai told reporters here.
He said the police were questioning the teacher to know the identity of his kidnappers, who had posed as Maoists before abducting him.
His wife Kaushalia Devi had informed the police after she got a phone call from the abductors demanding Rs 20 lakh for his release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested