Kidnapped trio rescued unharmed in Jharkhand
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): All the three employees of an Andhra Pradesh-based company, who were abducted on November 1, were Sunday rescued unharmed from Dudhkol village and seven alleged kidnappers arrested, police said.
After three days of raids, the police spotted the place of the abductors after tracing a cell phone conversation between one of the kidnappers and a coordinator of the company, Deputy Inspector General of Police Dadanji Sharma told reporters.
The police, headed by Superintendent of Police A Vijay Laxmi, found the phone number from inside the abandoned car carrying the company officials near Hiranpur village, he added.
Sridhar S Rao, an executive with the Ramki Infra-tech Private Limited, the company`s chief accountant V L Narsingh Rao and their driver S K Bhagat had been abducted on November 1 from a place two km from Sahibganj town, he said.
The company is engaged in the construction of a road between Barehiet and Sahibganj, the police said.
The kidnappers, the DIG said, had confessed during interrogation that they kidnapped the trio to get 10 per cent extortion money on the total cost of the road project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics