Kidnapped trio rescued unharmed in Jharkhand
Sahibganj (Jharkhand): All the three employees of an Andhra Pradesh-based company, who were abducted on November 1, were Sunday rescued unharmed from Dudhkol village and seven alleged kidnappers arrested, police said.
After three days of raids, the police spotted the place of the abductors after tracing a cell phone conversation between one of the kidnappers and a coordinator of the company, Deputy Inspector General of Police Dadanji Sharma told reporters.
The police, headed by Superintendent of Police A Vijay Laxmi, found the phone number from inside the abandoned car carrying the company officials near Hiranpur village, he added.
Sridhar S Rao, an executive with the Ramki Infra-tech Private Limited, the company`s chief accountant V L Narsingh Rao and their driver S K Bhagat had been abducted on November 1 from a place two km from Sahibganj town, he said.
The company is engaged in the construction of a road between Barehiet and Sahibganj, the police said.
The kidnappers, the DIG said, had confessed during interrogation that they kidnapped the trio to get 10 per cent extortion money on the total cost of the road project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened