Knowledge of English important: Jharkhand Chief Minister
Ranchi: Underlining the importance of Information Technology’s connection with development of a state, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said lack of English knowledge was the reason for backwardness in Hindi heartland.
Lack of English language is one of the main reasons of backwardness in Hindi-speaking regions. But its sudden introduction in village schools will be like imposing burden on the children, an official release quoted Munda as saying.
The CM , who made the observation after sharing Unique Identification Authority of India Director General RS Sharma here, told him that the state government was making efforts to build up a favourable atmosphere before the introduction of English in village schools.
Munda’s observation on English came while stressing the importance of IT?s role in the development of the state and his government’s efforts in taking IT to the rural areas as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale