Knowledge of English important: Jharkhand Chief Minister
Ranchi: Underlining the importance of Information Technology’s connection with development of a state, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said lack of English knowledge was the reason for backwardness in Hindi heartland.
Lack of English language is one of the main reasons of backwardness in Hindi-speaking regions. But its sudden introduction in village schools will be like imposing burden on the children, an official release quoted Munda as saying.
The CM , who made the observation after sharing Unique Identification Authority of India Director General RS Sharma here, told him that the state government was making efforts to build up a favourable atmosphere before the introduction of English in village schools.
Munda’s observation on English came while stressing the importance of IT?s role in the development of the state and his government’s efforts in taking IT to the rural areas as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket