Knowledge of English important: Jharkhand Chief Minister
Ranchi: Underlining the importance of Information Technology’s connection with development of a state, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said lack of English knowledge was the reason for backwardness in Hindi heartland.
Lack of English language is one of the main reasons of backwardness in Hindi-speaking regions. But its sudden introduction in village schools will be like imposing burden on the children, an official release quoted Munda as saying.
The CM , who made the observation after sharing Unique Identification Authority of India Director General RS Sharma here, told him that the state government was making efforts to build up a favourable atmosphere before the introduction of English in village schools.
Munda’s observation on English came while stressing the importance of IT?s role in the development of the state and his government’s efforts in taking IT to the rural areas as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers