Knowledge of English important: Jharkhand Chief Minister
Ranchi: Underlining the importance of Information Technology’s connection with development of a state, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday said lack of English knowledge was the reason for backwardness in Hindi heartland.
Lack of English language is one of the main reasons of backwardness in Hindi-speaking regions. But its sudden introduction in village schools will be like imposing burden on the children, an official release quoted Munda as saying.
The CM , who made the observation after sharing Unique Identification Authority of India Director General RS Sharma here, told him that the state government was making efforts to build up a favourable atmosphere before the introduction of English in village schools.
Munda’s observation on English came while stressing the importance of IT?s role in the development of the state and his government’s efforts in taking IT to the rural areas as well.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'