Koda aide expected to be brought back from Indonesia
New Delhi: A close associate of former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda is likely to brought back from Indonesia by Indian agencies after the fugitive businessman was detained there following an Interpol notice against him on money laundering charges.
A team of investigators are expected to bring Anil Bastawde tomorrow and he would later be sent to Ranchi for production in a special Prevention of Money laundering Act (PMLA) court.
The CBI had earlier informed the Enforcement Directorate (ED) about the detention of Bastawade by Indonesian enforcement agencies.
The CBI had issued a Red Corner Notice (RCN) against him on the request of the ED which is probing charges of alleged money laundering against the businessman.
The ED wants the custody of 48-year-old businessman to probe the alleged financial irregularities conducted by Koda during his tenure as Chief Minister of the mineral rich state under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Koda is at present jailed in Ranchi.
ED suspects Bastawade to have made alleged illegal investments in Dubai and other foreign locations on behalf of Koda and his other associates.
The agency has named him in its charge sheet filed last year in the case and has underlined his role in purchasing properties in the UAE from "criminal proceeds" generated by alleged illegal activities during the tenure of Koda, who was chief minister from September 2006 to August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?