Koda aide expected to be brought back from Indonesia
New Delhi: A close associate of former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda is likely to brought back from Indonesia by Indian agencies after the fugitive businessman was detained there following an Interpol notice against him on money laundering charges.
A team of investigators are expected to bring Anil Bastawde tomorrow and he would later be sent to Ranchi for production in a special Prevention of Money laundering Act (PMLA) court.
The CBI had earlier informed the Enforcement Directorate (ED) about the detention of Bastawade by Indonesian enforcement agencies.
The CBI had issued a Red Corner Notice (RCN) against him on the request of the ED which is probing charges of alleged money laundering against the businessman.
The ED wants the custody of 48-year-old businessman to probe the alleged financial irregularities conducted by Koda during his tenure as Chief Minister of the mineral rich state under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Koda is at present jailed in Ranchi.
ED suspects Bastawade to have made alleged illegal investments in Dubai and other foreign locations on behalf of Koda and his other associates.
The agency has named him in its charge sheet filed last year in the case and has underlined his role in purchasing properties in the UAE from "criminal proceeds" generated by alleged illegal activities during the tenure of Koda, who was chief minister from September 2006 to August 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India