Koda alleges conspiracy to kill him, FIR lodged
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu
Koda on Thursday alleged that the Monday incident when he was
assulted inside a jail here was a conspiracy to eliminate him.
"It was a conspiracy to kill me in the jail. When I
fell down after being beaten up by prison guards, they
continued to rain baton blows on my chest. I was taken to
hospital three hours after the incident," Koda told reporters
at the hospital.
The MP, who suffered a fracture in his arm, had first made
the allegations after Monday`s incident at Birsa Central Jail.
"If the fate of a former chief minister and Lok Sabha
member can be such inside the jail, imagine the situation of
common persons out there," Koda said.
Meanwhile, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda said his
government was ready for a high-level judicial probe into the
Munda said that he had already announced a judicial
inquiry yesterday while returning from Delhi.
"However, if Koda and his supporters want a probe by a
retired judge of High Court, the state government would have
no objection in this," he said.
Munda had yesterday announced a probe by a retired
district judge but today Koda and his supporters demanded a
probe by a retired judge of High Court.
The Chief Minister said the government would not tolerate
such incidents and make sure that the culprit are brought to
At the same time he also cautioned against playing
politics on this issue.
Meanwhile, two FIRs were registered at
Ranchi Sadar police station in connection with assault on
former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda inside a central
jail here on Monday.
The police, on the basis of Koda`s complaint lodged on
Monday against the jail administration and unknown men,
registered the FIR under various IPC sections like voluntarily
causing hurt, voluntarily causing grievous hurt and wrongfully
restraining any person, the sources said.
In a counter FIR, two inmates of the Birsa Munda
Central Jail lodged complaints against Koda and others under
various IPC sections like rioting, voluntarily causing hurt
and wrongfully restrain.
The inmates countered that Koda and his accomplices
were the instigators and assaulted them.
Koda, who suffered a fracture in his right hand and
was now in a hospital, had yesterday demanded converting his
complaint into FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why