Koda attack: Centre seeks report from J`khand govt
Ranchi: The Centre has sought a report from
the Jharkhand government on Monday`s assault on former chief
minister Madhu Koda inside the Birsa Munda Central Jail.
"The Union home ministry has sought the report from the
state (on the jail incident)," Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay said.
According to a senior government official, Jharkhand
Chief Secretary S K Choudhary has already dispatched the
report to the Centre.
Koda suffered a fracture in his right hand after an
assault inside the jail. While the district administration
maintained that inmates beat him up, Koda in his police
complaint alleged he was roughed up by prison guards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog