Koda for more Assembly seats for stability in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda on Sunday demanded that the number of Assembly seats in the state be increased to avoid a fractured mandate and provide a stable government.
"I strongly favour that Assembly seats be increased from the existing 81 to at least 140 to provide stability in the government," Koda, an Independent MP, told reporters here.
Koda, who was arrested on November 30, 2009 on money laundering charges, was released on April 18 on a three-week provisional bail for the treatment of his ailing mother.
Stating that he was implicated in false cases, he expressed confidence that he would come out clean.
Asked whether some political parties had conspired to implicate him in false cases, Koda said it was not necessary to see the case with a political angle.
He claimed that people have realised the fact behind his arrest and were greeting him wherever he visited since his release.
The Jai Bharat Samanta Party (JBSP), headed by his wife and Independent MLA Geeta Koda, would contest all Assembly seats under his Singhbhum parliamentary seat in the next Assembly election, Koda said.
"We may contest in more seats in mineral-rich Kolhan region comprising of East and West Singhbhum and Seraikela-Kharswan districts. However, the decision will be taken only after consulting party leaders and workers," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India