Koda for more Assembly seats for stability in Jharkhand
Jamshedpur: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda on Sunday demanded that the number of Assembly seats in the state be increased to avoid a fractured mandate and provide a stable government.
"I strongly favour that Assembly seats be increased from the existing 81 to at least 140 to provide stability in the government," Koda, an Independent MP, told reporters here.
Koda, who was arrested on November 30, 2009 on money laundering charges, was released on April 18 on a three-week provisional bail for the treatment of his ailing mother.
Stating that he was implicated in false cases, he expressed confidence that he would come out clean.
Asked whether some political parties had conspired to implicate him in false cases, Koda said it was not necessary to see the case with a political angle.
He claimed that people have realised the fact behind his arrest and were greeting him wherever he visited since his release.
The Jai Bharat Samanta Party (JBSP), headed by his wife and Independent MLA Geeta Koda, would contest all Assembly seats under his Singhbhum parliamentary seat in the next Assembly election, Koda said.
"We may contest in more seats in mineral-rich Kolhan region comprising of East and West Singhbhum and Seraikela-Kharswan districts. However, the decision will be taken only after consulting party leaders and workers," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!