Koda image not to affect poll prospect: Marandi
Jamshedpur: The image of Madhu Koda,
facing charges of money laundering, would not have any impact
on the poll prospect of the Congress-JVM alliance, former
Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi claimed on Wednesday.
Koda, then an independent MLA, was backed by the
Congress during his chief ministership between 2006 and 2008.
Marandi, chief of the Jharkhand Vikas
Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM), however, denied allegations that
his move to ally with Congress was `opportunistic` and claimed
he did not compromise with his party`s ideology while forging
The ongoing probe against Koda was actually a victory
for JVM which, Marandi claimed, had launched a campaign in the
state to mount pressure on the state administration to order
an inquiry against ministers involved in corrupt practices.
To a query on whether there was any controversy
between JVM and Congress over the Chief Minister`s post,
Marandi said he was not in the race for the Chief Minister`s
The main purpose of the alliance was to provide a
stable government to take Jharkhand on the path of
development, he told reporters.
JVM will put up a good performance in Santhal Paragana
region having 18 assembly constituencies, said Marandi who was
in the Steel City to campaign for his party candidate Abhay
Singh in Jamshedpur east assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks