Koda image not to affect poll prospect: Marandi
Jamshedpur: The image of Madhu Koda,
facing charges of money laundering, would not have any impact
on the poll prospect of the Congress-JVM alliance, former
Jharkhand Chief Minister Babulal Marandi claimed on Wednesday.
Koda, then an independent MLA, was backed by the
Congress during his chief ministership between 2006 and 2008.
Marandi, chief of the Jharkhand Vikas
Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM), however, denied allegations that
his move to ally with Congress was `opportunistic` and claimed
he did not compromise with his party`s ideology while forging
The ongoing probe against Koda was actually a victory
for JVM which, Marandi claimed, had launched a campaign in the
state to mount pressure on the state administration to order
an inquiry against ministers involved in corrupt practices.
To a query on whether there was any controversy
between JVM and Congress over the Chief Minister`s post,
Marandi said he was not in the race for the Chief Minister`s
The main purpose of the alliance was to provide a
stable government to take Jharkhand on the path of
development, he told reporters.
JVM will put up a good performance in Santhal Paragana
region having 18 assembly constituencies, said Marandi who was
in the Steel City to campaign for his party candidate Abhay
Singh in Jamshedpur east assembly constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered