Koda not taken to AIIMS due to non availability of escort
Ranchi: Former Chief Minister of Jharkhand
Madhu Koda, now in judicial custody on corruption charges,
could not be admitted to the All India Institute of Medical
Sciences (AIIMS) because of `non-availability` of escort, a
special vigilance court was informed here.
The jail authorities told the court of Binoy Kant Khan
yesterday that they had on January 20 requested the Ranchi
district police to provide escort enabling Koda to be taken to
Delhi as per the court`s directive, which was not yet
The submission by the jail authorities came after the
court had on January 19 issued a notice to the jailor asking
him why Koda was not yet taken to Delhi for treatment.
On the recommendation of the medical board, Rajendra
Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi, the court had on
January 4 allowed Koda to be admitted to the AIIMS for spinal
Koda was arrested on November 30, 2009 in connection
with accumulating wealth disproportionate to his known source
of income, which had allegedly surfaced during the countrywide
raids by the IT/ED on October 31, the same year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!