Koda scam: ED to attach properties worth 100 cr
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate is
all set to attach properties worth a whopping Rs 100 crore
belonging to former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda and
his associates as part of its probe into the multi-crore
illegal investment and hawala transactions case against him.
Official sources said the Directorate has received
permission from court to attach various identified properties
belonging to Koda and his close associates, mainly Binod Sinha
and Sanjay Chowdhary.
While Binod is in judicial custody, Sanjay is said to
have escaped abroad.
Incidentally, the ED had recently attached properties
worth Rs 200 crore in connection with the same case.
Sources said while the earlier properties were primarily
in Jharkhand and Bihar, the new identified properties are
spread across the country, including in Maharashtra.
The properties will be sealed and a complete embargo
would be issued by the Directorate against their sale and
purchase as an inquiry is on against the owners -- Koda and
The attachment and sealing of property would be in force
for at least three months, subject to adjudication of courts
and investigation under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act
(PMLA) by the ED and other agencies like the Income Tax
department and CBI.
Koda and his associates are facing an onslaught of
inquiries by various probe agencies like ED, I-T department,
CBI and Jharkhand Vigilance Bureau regarding alleged illegal
investments and hawala transactions in India and abroad.
On November 12, CBI had filed a charge-sheet against
Koda, Binod and Sanjay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs