Koda surrenders, sent to 14 days judicial custody
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda surrendered in a Ranchi court Friday and was sent to 14 days` judicial custody.
He was on three weeks provisional bail that ended a day before.
"I was granted provisional bail to look after my ailing mother. My mother needs my support. She is unwell and hospitalised," Koda told reporters before surrendering.
Koda has been in jail since November 2009 on several graft cases.
Investigation of the cases is being carried out by the Income Tax department, the Central Bureau of Investigation, the Enforcement Directorate and the state vigilance department. Apart from graft cases, Koda is also at the centre of a Rs.2,500 crore money laundering scam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference