Koda surrenders, sent to 14 days judicial custody
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda surrendered in a Ranchi court Friday and was sent to 14 days` judicial custody.
He was on three weeks provisional bail that ended a day before.
"I was granted provisional bail to look after my ailing mother. My mother needs my support. She is unwell and hospitalised," Koda told reporters before surrendering.
Koda has been in jail since November 2009 on several graft cases.
Investigation of the cases is being carried out by the Income Tax department, the Central Bureau of Investigation, the Enforcement Directorate and the state vigilance department. Apart from graft cases, Koda is also at the centre of a Rs.2,500 crore money laundering scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police