Koda`s aide arrested in the UAE
New Delhi: Close aide of former Jharkhand Chief
Minister Madhu Koda Sanjay Chaudhary, alleged to have been
behind dubious investments of the leader, arrested in the
UAE on Wednesday.
Chaudhary, against whom a Red Corner Notice has been
issued by the CBI, is alleged to be a key confidant of Koda
who was arrested by the agency on the charges of money
laundering, disproportionate assets and tax evasion and is
presently lodged in Birsa Munda Jail in Ranchi, agency sources
said here. The Red Corner Notice is the closest instrument to
an international arrest warrant.
Chaudhary is considered to have helped the former CM in
routing his alleged illegal investments to various foreign
shores including Liberia and the UAE and the Enforcement
Directorate has an arrest warrant pending against him, he
Last year, CBI had filed a charge sheet against Koda and
his two aides Binod Sinha and Sanjay Chaudhary in the court of
a special judge in Ranchi under 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of
IPC and provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The charge sheet accused Koda of misusing his position to
allegedly benefit Sinha and Sanjay Choudhary in taking
"bribes" from various companies in the allotment of lease of
Koda was arrested on November 30 last year and is in
judicial custody along with Sinha while Chaudhary is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened