Koda`s aide in ED remand
Ranchi: A special court on Friday allowed Enforcement Directorate`s plea to take Binod Sinha, a close aide of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda, in remand for 12 days for interrogation in the multi-crore money laundering scam.
The Prevention of Money Laundering Act Court Judge GK Singh, granted 12 days remand, though the ED sought 14 days.
The ED contended that Sinha, an accused in the money laundering scam, had never appeared before it despite a warrant against him, necessitating his interrogation in custody.
Sinha, who was present when the court allowed the ED to take him in custody, was arrested by the CBI on September 16 in New Delhi after dodging the police for nearly a year.
His name surfaced during countrywide raids by the Income Tax and the ED in the premises of Koda and his associates on October 31 last year.
The raids had allegedly revealed money laundering and illegal investment to the tune of over Rs 2000 crore.
Koda, who was arrested on November 30 last year in the case, is also in judicial custody along with `kingpins` of the scam, Manoj Punamia, Arvind Vyas and Vikash Sinha.
The CBI, the ED, the IT and Jharkhand Vigilance Bureau
have been investigating the scam separately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed