Labourer’s hand chopped off for demanding dues
Garhwa (Jharkhand): A labourer, who asked his employer to clear his wages accumulated over the past year, had his hand chopped off in Jharkhand`s Garhwa district, police said here Tuesday.
According to the FIR filed with the Majheon police station, Aliar Razwar of Sukhnadi village asked his employer Lal Mani, a shop owner dealing in illicit liquor, to clear his dues of Rs 10,000 over the past one year, on Saturday.
An infuriated Mani, chopped off his left hand and left Razwar lying on a nearby railway track, police said.
The villagers spotted him and took him to the Sadar Hospital, the sources said. Later, Razwar was shifted to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi.
One of the three persons, named in the FIR, was arrested yesterday, the police said, adding raids were being conducted to trace the others.
The police, however, did not identify the arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview