Labourer’s hand chopped off for demanding dues
Garhwa (Jharkhand): A labourer, who asked his employer to clear his wages accumulated over the past year, had his hand chopped off in Jharkhand`s Garhwa district, police said here Tuesday.
According to the FIR filed with the Majheon police station, Aliar Razwar of Sukhnadi village asked his employer Lal Mani, a shop owner dealing in illicit liquor, to clear his dues of Rs 10,000 over the past one year, on Saturday.
An infuriated Mani, chopped off his left hand and left Razwar lying on a nearby railway track, police said.
The villagers spotted him and took him to the Sadar Hospital, the sources said. Later, Razwar was shifted to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi.
One of the three persons, named in the FIR, was arrested yesterday, the police said, adding raids were being conducted to trace the others.
The police, however, did not identify the arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead