Lady teacher allegedly stabbed to death by students
Sahibganj: A woman school teacher was stabbed to death in Sahibganj town allegedly by three students, police said on Wednesday.
The students went to the residence of 57-year-old teacher Rita Biswas at Netaji Subhas Colony yesterday on the pretext of taking tuition and stabbed her in the stomach when she opened the door, Deputy Superintendent of Police Shashi Bhusan told reporters here.
The victim was declared brought dead by the doctors at the Sadar Hospital, he said, adding she was a teacher with the St Joseph School.
Victim`s 64-year-old husband, Asish Kumar Biswas, was admitted to the hospital with injuries he suffered while trying to resist the attackers, the police officer said.
"The matter is still under investigation," he said when asked whether the students were of the same school and what could have been the reason for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city