Lalu freed from jail, says Narendra Modi will not be allowed to fulfill his dream
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Days after the Supreme Court granted him bail in connection with the fodder scam cases, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad walked out of Birsa Munda central jail here on Monday.
After being released from jail, Lalu addressed the media and said that he had full faith in judiciary.
"I believed in the law and had faith in it. I was sure they would let me go," said Yadav.
"The CBI hasn`t done right. I cannot state what the kind of injustice they have done with me," said Yadav.
"But, I was not afraid of going to jail, as a person who is scared of jail, cannot do anything in life," he said.
In an apparent attack on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Lalu said that he will unite all secular parties to keep out the communal forces.
"The communal elements want to have their stranglehold on Delhi. (With my release) I am now free to chase them away.
"I will go around the country to strengthen the secular forces and Narendra Modi, BJP or RSS will not be allowed to fulfil their dreams," a relieved Prasad told reporters at the jail gate.
When asked about the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Lalu shot back, "Narendra Modi, or whichever Modi. I am here now; I am ready."
Expressing his views over the deadlock in Delhi over government formation, Lalu said that now there are political parties in the national capital who want to fight elections but don’t want to form government. The RJD chief’s comments were an attack on the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the BJP who have secured 28 and 32 seats in the 70-member Delhi Assembly. Both the parties have pitched for re-elections as they failed to get the numbers.
Slamming social activist Anna Hazare, Lalu said that People like Anna want to subvert the courts by bringing in the Lokpal.
"People like Anna Hazare want to bring down the importance of the judiciary, which has its own independent place in a democracy while Parliament has its supremacy," Lalu alleged.
The former Bihar chief minister couldn`t be released last week as the order didn`t reach the special CBI court, which has been directed to spell out the bail conditions.
Lalu was lodged in Ranchi jail after the special CBI court convicted him in a fodder scam case on September 30 and awarded him five years` rigorous imprisonment on October 3.
He was lodged in the VIP cell. As per the rules, the jail authorities allotted him the job of gardening and the RJD president was happy to take care of gardens inside his VIP cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...