Lalu Prasad Yadav to record statement in fodder scam case
Ranchi: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad will record his statement in a fodder scam case and appear in two other Animal Husbandry Department scam cases in separate CBI courts here on Sunday.
His statement will be recorded in the court of AK Rai under CrPC 313 (power to examine the accused) in connection with RC 64A/96 pertaining to illegal withdrawal of Rs 96 lakh from Deogarh Treasury in 1990s, according to one of his advocates Prabhat Kumar.
Kumar said Prasad will also appear in the same court in connection with RC 38A/96 pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 3.97 crore from Dumka treasury in the 1990s.
He will also appear in the court of Balmukund Rai in another fodder scam case RC 47A/96 pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 184 crore from Doranda Treasury allegedly during his chief ministerial tenure.
Prasad`s counsel will argue day after tomorrow.
The court of A K Rai had on July 1 dismissed Prasad`s petition pleading not to be tried for the same offence in another fodder scam after being convicted in the RC 20/96 case in September last year.
In December last year, Prasad had filed the petition under section 300 of the Code of Criminal Procedure and sub-section (1) of section 220 that states person once convicted or acquitted will not be tried for the same offence.
On September 30 last year, Prasad was convicted and on October 3 sentenced to five years imprisonment in RC 20A/96 fodder case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury.
Meanwhile, RJD Jharkhand unit spokesman Manoj Kumar said Prasad reached Ranchi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Japan's Shinzo Abe may leave tax hike to next PM: Reports
- 17 killed in fire at elderly people's care home in Ukraine
- DLF targets up to Rs 3,500 crore in new sales booking in FY17
- Maanayata, hubby Sanjay Dutt's adorable dance is the most romantic thing you will watch today!
- Development replaces fear in Jeeram Ghati in Chhattisgarh's Bastar district post 2013 Naxal attack