Lalu seeks time from court on fodder scam case
Ranchi: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Monday appealed to a special CBI court to grant him two weeks time to begin his argument in a fodder scam case.
The court of Pravas Kumar Singh reserved his decision for tomorrow on the petition moved by Prasad`s counsel seeking time to begin his client’s argument.
His counsel also submitted the August-13 order of the Supreme Court asking all the 45 accused, including Prasad, to present their side of the case in ten days and five days to the Prosecution to complete their arguments.
The case, RC20A/96, pertains to alleged fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in the 1990s.
Besides Prasad, other accused in the case include former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra, senior government officials and fodder suppliers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron