Lalu slams Munda govt on encroachment issue
Ranchi: RJD leader Lalu Prasad today said the Jharkhand government was displacing people in the garb of anti-encroachment drive.
The state government has been evicting the poor on the pretext of encroachment, the former Bihar chief minister told reporters here.
He was referring to last year’s anti-encroachment drive in Ranchi, Dhanbad and other places of Jharkhand and the recent July 4 clash between the police and villagers of Nagri in protest against land acquisition for construction of educational institutions in the area.
Praising senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha for opposing the encroachment drive in Ranchi last year, Prasad alleged that the Munda government had made anti-encroachment drive a regular feature to displace the poor.
The state government had maintained that the anti-encroachment drive was taken up last year on the directions of the High Court.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday set up a high-level committee to initiate dialogue with the agitating villagers of Nagri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets