Lalu slams Munda govt on encroachment issue
Ranchi: RJD leader Lalu Prasad today said the Jharkhand government was displacing people in the garb of anti-encroachment drive.
The state government has been evicting the poor on the pretext of encroachment, the former Bihar chief minister told reporters here.
He was referring to last year’s anti-encroachment drive in Ranchi, Dhanbad and other places of Jharkhand and the recent July 4 clash between the police and villagers of Nagri in protest against land acquisition for construction of educational institutions in the area.
Praising senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha for opposing the encroachment drive in Ranchi last year, Prasad alleged that the Munda government had made anti-encroachment drive a regular feature to displace the poor.
The state government had maintained that the anti-encroachment drive was taken up last year on the directions of the High Court.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday set up a high-level committee to initiate dialogue with the agitating villagers of Nagri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city