Lalu slams Munda govt on encroachment issue
Ranchi: RJD leader Lalu Prasad today said the Jharkhand government was displacing people in the garb of anti-encroachment drive.
The state government has been evicting the poor on the pretext of encroachment, the former Bihar chief minister told reporters here.
He was referring to last year’s anti-encroachment drive in Ranchi, Dhanbad and other places of Jharkhand and the recent July 4 clash between the police and villagers of Nagri in protest against land acquisition for construction of educational institutions in the area.
Praising senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha for opposing the encroachment drive in Ranchi last year, Prasad alleged that the Munda government had made anti-encroachment drive a regular feature to displace the poor.
The state government had maintained that the anti-encroachment drive was taken up last year on the directions of the High Court.
Chief Minister Arjun Munda yesterday set up a high-level committee to initiate dialogue with the agitating villagers of Nagri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster