Landmine recovered in Jharkhand
Pakur: Security forces have
recovered a landmine planted underneath a road bridge by
suspected Maoists at Kevatola village in Pakur district.
"The landmine was discovered late last night during
search operation in Amrapara block against the Maoists. The
police of Dumka, Godda and Pakur have launched the anti-naxal
operation," Pakur SP Amarnath Khanna told reporters here.
The operation was launched after the Maoists torched
three dumpers on Friday night at Amrapara, he said.
The two-day Maoist bandh beginning midnight last night
has no impact in the Santhal Pargana region comprising six
districts, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’