Landmine recovered in Jharkhand
Pakur: Security forces have
recovered a landmine planted underneath a road bridge by
suspected Maoists at Kevatola village in Pakur district.
"The landmine was discovered late last night during
search operation in Amrapara block against the Maoists. The
police of Dumka, Godda and Pakur have launched the anti-naxal
operation," Pakur SP Amarnath Khanna told reporters here.
The operation was launched after the Maoists torched
three dumpers on Friday night at Amrapara, he said.
The two-day Maoist bandh beginning midnight last night
has no impact in the Santhal Pargana region comprising six
districts, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery