Landmine recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security personnel on Thursday recovered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) that had been planted on a road in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
The 30 kg IED was recovered by security personnel while they were conducting a search operation in Chhota Nagra jungle in West Singhbhum district, around 140 km from Ranchi.
The IED, planted by Maoist guerrillas to blow up passing police vehicles, was later defused.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 22 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer