Landmine recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security personnel on Thursday recovered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) that had been planted on a road in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
The 30 kg IED was recovered by security personnel while they were conducting a search operation in Chhota Nagra jungle in West Singhbhum district, around 140 km from Ranchi.
The IED, planted by Maoist guerrillas to blow up passing police vehicles, was later defused.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 22 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh