Landmine recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security personnel on Thursday recovered an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) that had been planted on a road in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
The 30 kg IED was recovered by security personnel while they were conducting a search operation in Chhota Nagra jungle in West Singhbhum district, around 140 km from Ranchi.
The IED, planted by Maoist guerrillas to blow up passing police vehicles, was later defused.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 22 districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing