Latehar district villagers hit by Naxal rivalry
Latehar: Mahuwadar block in Jharkhand’s Latehar District is a focal point of fierce rivalry between the CPI (Maoist) and its splinter group, the Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC).
The TPC is trying to make its presence felt by terrorising innocent villagers.
Its cadres have scribbled graffiti on the walls of houses in various villages, pushing villagers to support them instead of the CPI-Maoist, which has a strong presence in the area.
The threats by the TPC have spread fear and anxiety among villagers.
“It seems that (TPC) is trying to make its presence felt in the area. They want to control the region,” said Yadunath, a villager.
“It is for the first time that a naxal group is doing such publicity through graffiti on the walls. It seems that they want a base in the village. Be it extorting money or other crimes, the main motive of this group is to make its influence felt among the villagers,” added Surinder Nath Shah, another villager.
Jharkhand was once a stronghold of the CPI (Maoist), but now a dozen splinter groups like the TPC, JLT, JPC and MPM have emerged in the area.
They are responsible for extortion, killings, and other unlawful activities, which affect the state’s socio-economic growth.
Naxals claim to be the saviours of the poor, but they have emerged as the worst threat to tribals over the past several decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception