Latehar district villagers hit by Naxal rivalry
Latehar: Mahuwadar block in Jharkhand’s Latehar District is a focal point of fierce rivalry between the CPI (Maoist) and its splinter group, the Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC).
The TPC is trying to make its presence felt by terrorising innocent villagers.
Its cadres have scribbled graffiti on the walls of houses in various villages, pushing villagers to support them instead of the CPI-Maoist, which has a strong presence in the area.
The threats by the TPC have spread fear and anxiety among villagers.
“It seems that (TPC) is trying to make its presence felt in the area. They want to control the region,” said Yadunath, a villager.
“It is for the first time that a naxal group is doing such publicity through graffiti on the walls. It seems that they want a base in the village. Be it extorting money or other crimes, the main motive of this group is to make its influence felt among the villagers,” added Surinder Nath Shah, another villager.
Jharkhand was once a stronghold of the CPI (Maoist), but now a dozen splinter groups like the TPC, JLT, JPC and MPM have emerged in the area.
They are responsible for extortion, killings, and other unlawful activities, which affect the state’s socio-economic growth.
Naxals claim to be the saviours of the poor, but they have emerged as the worst threat to tribals over the past several decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!