Latehar district villagers hit by Naxal rivalry
Latehar: Mahuwadar block in Jharkhand’s Latehar District is a focal point of fierce rivalry between the CPI (Maoist) and its splinter group, the Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC).
The TPC is trying to make its presence felt by terrorising innocent villagers.
Its cadres have scribbled graffiti on the walls of houses in various villages, pushing villagers to support them instead of the CPI-Maoist, which has a strong presence in the area.
The threats by the TPC have spread fear and anxiety among villagers.
“It seems that (TPC) is trying to make its presence felt in the area. They want to control the region,” said Yadunath, a villager.
“It is for the first time that a naxal group is doing such publicity through graffiti on the walls. It seems that they want a base in the village. Be it extorting money or other crimes, the main motive of this group is to make its influence felt among the villagers,” added Surinder Nath Shah, another villager.
Jharkhand was once a stronghold of the CPI (Maoist), but now a dozen splinter groups like the TPC, JLT, JPC and MPM have emerged in the area.
They are responsible for extortion, killings, and other unlawful activities, which affect the state’s socio-economic growth.
Naxals claim to be the saviours of the poor, but they have emerged as the worst threat to tribals over the past several decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!