Law and order has declined in Jharkhnad : Goswami
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand BJP leader, Dineshanand Goswami Thursday said the law and order situation in the state has drastically deteriorated during the last five months of President’s Rule.
Goswami, former Jharkhand unit president of BJP, was rounded up along with 200 supporters in Bistupur while enforcing dawn-to-dusk Jamshedpur Bandh called by Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) in protest against the killing of a 45-year-old rice merchant Vinod Agarwal on Saturday.
He claimed that over 700 murders and rape incidents had taken place across the state during last five months of President’s rule but the state administration has miserably failed to handle the situation.
The lacklustre approach of the state administration had boosted the morale of the criminals, who have been targeting businessmen, he said.
Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government has deliberately pushed the state into a ‘dark tunnel’, Goswami said one of the reasons behind the deteriorating law and order was posting of inefficient officers.
Instead of ability and merit being the base of posting of the officers, the BJP leader said money and political influence became the major criteria of posting during this period.
In fact, the three and half crores populace including business community of Jharkhand were reeling under a sense of insecurity under President`s rule, Goswami said while appealing to the masses to reject Congress in the next election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva