Law and order has declined in Jharkhnad : Goswami
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand BJP leader, Dineshanand Goswami Thursday said the law and order situation in the state has drastically deteriorated during the last five months of President’s Rule.
Goswami, former Jharkhand unit president of BJP, was rounded up along with 200 supporters in Bistupur while enforcing dawn-to-dusk Jamshedpur Bandh called by Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) in protest against the killing of a 45-year-old rice merchant Vinod Agarwal on Saturday.
He claimed that over 700 murders and rape incidents had taken place across the state during last five months of President’s rule but the state administration has miserably failed to handle the situation.
The lacklustre approach of the state administration had boosted the morale of the criminals, who have been targeting businessmen, he said.
Alleging that the Congress-led UPA government has deliberately pushed the state into a ‘dark tunnel’, Goswami said one of the reasons behind the deteriorating law and order was posting of inefficient officers.
Instead of ability and merit being the base of posting of the officers, the BJP leader said money and political influence became the major criteria of posting during this period.
In fact, the three and half crores populace including business community of Jharkhand were reeling under a sense of insecurity under President`s rule, Goswami said while appealing to the masses to reject Congress in the next election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- Rains trigger landslide on Gangotri highway in Uttarakhand
- Donald Trump tweets video, accuses Hillary Clinton of telling many lies on emails
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of SAUNI project in Jamnagar
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit