Lawlessness would not be tolerated: New Jharkhand DGP
Jamshedpur: Newly appointed Jharkhand police
chief Neyaz Ahmed on Sunday said lawlessness would not be
tolerated in the state and assured the people that prevailing
loopholes in the police department would be plugged soon.
Ahmed, the director general of police, also said he would
neither tolerate corruption, nor police-criminal nexus nor
unnecessary harassment of innocent people.
The DGP was here to review the law and order situation of
the steel city in the wake of a series of killing recently.
He held a meeting regarding law and order with Inspector
General (zonal) Rezi Dungdung, DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra and
Superintendent of Police Navin Kumr Singh.
Admitting that there were some loopholes in the
department, he said steps were initiated to plug them and the
results would be visible soon.
On whether there would be any change in strategy to
tackle extremism in the state, Ahmed said there was no change
in strategy as far as dealing with Naxals was concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!