Lawlessness would not be tolerated: New Jharkhand DGP
Jamshedpur: Newly appointed Jharkhand police
chief Neyaz Ahmed on Sunday said lawlessness would not be
tolerated in the state and assured the people that prevailing
loopholes in the police department would be plugged soon.
Ahmed, the director general of police, also said he would
neither tolerate corruption, nor police-criminal nexus nor
unnecessary harassment of innocent people.
The DGP was here to review the law and order situation of
the steel city in the wake of a series of killing recently.
He held a meeting regarding law and order with Inspector
General (zonal) Rezi Dungdung, DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra and
Superintendent of Police Navin Kumr Singh.
Admitting that there were some loopholes in the
department, he said steps were initiated to plug them and the
results would be visible soon.
On whether there would be any change in strategy to
tackle extremism in the state, Ahmed said there was no change
in strategy as far as dealing with Naxals was concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog