Lawlessness would not be tolerated: New Jharkhand DGP
Jamshedpur: Newly appointed Jharkhand police
chief Neyaz Ahmed on Sunday said lawlessness would not be
tolerated in the state and assured the people that prevailing
loopholes in the police department would be plugged soon.
Ahmed, the director general of police, also said he would
neither tolerate corruption, nor police-criminal nexus nor
unnecessary harassment of innocent people.
The DGP was here to review the law and order situation of
the steel city in the wake of a series of killing recently.
He held a meeting regarding law and order with Inspector
General (zonal) Rezi Dungdung, DIG (Kolhan) Manoj Mishra and
Superintendent of Police Navin Kumr Singh.
Admitting that there were some loopholes in the
department, he said steps were initiated to plug them and the
results would be visible soon.
On whether there would be any change in strategy to
tackle extremism in the state, Ahmed said there was no change
in strategy as far as dealing with Naxals was concerned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH