Left parties should contest Assembly polls in alliance: Bardhan
Ranchi: Senior CPI leader A B Bardhan Wednesday appealed to all Left parties to jointly contest the upcoming Assembly elections in Jharkhand.
"It`s time the CPI(M), the Forward Block, the Marxist Coordination Committee and CPI(ML-Liberation), besides the CPI contest the elections in alliance to provide an alternative government that will be clean and corruption-free in Jharkhand," Bardhan said at a press conference here.
"The BJP formed governments under Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda. The JMM, the Congress, the RJD and the JD(U) have been in power. In between, Madhu Koda had also been the Chief Minister. But no one could give a stable, corruption-free and good government," alleged the veteran Left leader.
"It`s a challenge for the Left parties to stop the communal forces who have come to power in the country and are trying to come to power in Jharkhand too. So my appeal to all Left parties is to fight the elections in alliance," he said.
Stating that the state has enormous mineral wealth but "corrupt and bad governance" had "hindered" Jharkhand`s development, Bardhan claimed if the Left alternative came to power after the next Assembly elections it "will bring good days for Jharkhand".
"The CPI is prepared to contest 20 to 25 seats, but we can give details on seat sharing in the beginning of September after talks with the Left parties... Tomorrow the Left parties will discuss about poll related matters," he added.
Extending support to the 72-hour hunger strike called by the Kishan Sabha from September 1, Bardhan said, "This will be a kind of election campaign."
Assembly elections in Jharkhand are due later this year.
Commenting on political leaders joining the BJP, another senior CPI leader Atul Anjan alleged, "The BJP is inviting corrupt leaders of other parties into its fold to make it a warehouse of corrupt leaders."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo