Left-wing students thrashed at Sibal event
Ranchi: Members of the All India Students Association (AISA), a Left-wing organisation, were beaten up by Congress workers after they shouted slogans against Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal at an event here on Friday, eyewitnesses said.
Sandeep, an AISA member and reporter of Janmat, a Communist magazine, was beaten up along with others outside Hotel Ashoka where Sibal was staying, the eyewitnesses said. Sibal was here to explain to the media the Congress stand on corruption.
After the press conference, some 15-20 AISA members, including Sandeep, started shouting slogans like "Implement Lokpal bill", "Sonia Gandhi Murdabad", "Kapil Sibal Murdabad".
Congress workers present in the hotel arrived at the spot and started beating the AISA members the eyewitnesses said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump